Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookies
Made famous by Neiman-Marcus, these cookies include espresso and bake slowly, ensuring melted chocolate chips throughout.
- 3 ½ cups flour, leveled
- 2 cups dark brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp instant espresso powder (finely ground)
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300°F
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix together flour, salt, sugars and espresso powder.
- In another bowl, mix baking soda and baking powder to activate, then add this to the bowl of dry ingredients. Incorporate into the dry ingredients.
- Add slightly softened butter to dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, lightly whisk eggs and vanilla extract together, and then add to dry ingredients.
- Gently fold chocolate chips into batter.
- Drop golf ball sized dough onto baking sheets.
- Bake at 300°F for 24-28 minutes.
- approx. 36 large cookies